In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Interesting Cabin build to watch. Kept my attention.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by metalcuttr, Sep 17, 2024.

1. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

Has lots of logs, hatchets, wood chisels and other wood working tools but sadly, no chainsaws. Lots of interesting log wood joinery though!

Eric VW, wildwest, Brad M and 4 others like this.
  2. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    metalcuttr I enjoyed this video. I watch a lot of cabin builds by so many different people. It always make me wonder if they own the property, just picked a spot in the woods somewhere or what.

I watched Shawn James build a log cabin - quite a big one - on his Youtube channel My Self Reliance. Moved all the logs by himself that were harvested off of his own property. The basement and cellar build were quite impressive.

Eric VW, wildwest, savemoney and 3 others like this.
  3. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

Thanks for the reply and the link! I will check this out later as I love this kind stuff.

Eric VW, eatonpcat, wildwest and 2 others like this.
  4. Brad M

Brad M

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing that. Oh to be young, strong and full of energy again . I wonder where that was located? For some reason I got the feeling it wasn’t in the States. Maybe because all of the dimensional lumber was flat and straight