In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Husqvarna 125B blower normal compression?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by basod, May 22, 2014.

1. basod

basod

What should it be if anyone knows?
    It wouldn't fire for me the other day and after tinkering with spark & fuel checked and got ~55psi.

The gas looked rather light - GF uses it mostly - she swears up and down that the only gas put in it came from the small gallon can of 50:1:whistle:
    I think she put a splash of regular in it:mad:

2. NH_Wood

NH_Wood

55psi is real bad - not sure about your particular trimmer, but if I remember right, I got about 130 on my Shindaiwa trimmer. Have you pulled the muffler to check the piston and cylinder? Cheers!

3. basod

basod

I wasn't too pleased after I got the readings I did and decided to pour a drink instead... Cheers! :drunk:
    When I get some time on vacation next week I'll pull it apart.

Being a homeowner grade blower I wouldn't expect it to be high compression factory new but..yeah 55psi probably ain't lighting that rich of a mix off

4. Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

I have one but I'm on the road now and won't be back until Monday night. I would suspect that's not going to run anything less than 120 PSI.

5. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

No way is 55 psi going to run. 90-100 maybe, 55, no way.

Carbine likes this.
  6. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Yea 55 ...that piston is toast. Like MM said would probably run around 100 psi even if scratched...not well but would run. Probably wouldnt idle but I too would suspect it to be in the 120 neighborhood if healthy.

7. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

I've seen 80-90 psi run. But 55?? I doubt it.

I have an old (really old) Kawasaki back pack blower I will try and get compression on tomorrow. I would think it's probably 120 or better? But I may be surprised :)

clemsonfor likes this.
  8. basod

basod

So I got it apart yesterday. No scoring on the piston and none that I can see/feel in the cylinder. A lot of carbon buildup from blow by. The ring is stuck - still won't budge after an overnight soak.
    I may just put the piston and cylinder in the sonic parts cleaner to see if it will take the carbon off and may be free up the ring - I can't get a sharp picture of anything metallic with this camera poor quality:emb:

Attached Files:

9. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

How many millimeters is the cylinder? Does Caber make a ring for that model blower?

10. basod

basod

11. NH_Wood

NH_Wood

Well, you are at least figuring it out! Hope the rings gets free for you! Cheers!

clemsonfor likes this.
  12. basod

basod

So it took 6 hrs in a heated ultrasonic bath to get the ring to budge - finally able to work a safety pin under it and got it loose - bent my dental/packing pick
    Got the new ring last night, put it back together and it fired on the 5th pull:thumbs:

Now if I should take it back apart because I ended up with 2 screws(the coarse plastic thread type) leftover:emb:.....that's not the first time I've fixed a blower and ended up with leftover screws and they all ran for many more years;)

GF is happy - she has "her" blower back;)

clemsonfor likes this.