In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hearthstone Mansfield 8011

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by g60gti, Oct 9, 2024 at 10:49 AM.

1. g60gti

g60gti

Hello everyone! Been a long time since I’ve been around but like most others are I’ve been very busy. Busy with all the fun stuff that goes along with a new(175 year new) home and acreage, but I love it and should have moved out to the country much sooner.
    So the time has come to finally get a wood stove. I came across a Mansfield 8011 that looks to be in decent shape. Anyone here have that stove and want to fill me in on what to look for when I go check it out later this week? The guy says it needs new baffles, insulation blanket and all the retaining clips. What should I be looking for in regards to the soapstone? How is all that stone held together? Also, how am I supposed to move this thing? I’m assuming it’s anll soapstone on the bottom as well so can’t lift it with forks, would straps work to lift from the bottom? Have to screw to a pallet? Only ever had steel stoves so this is all new. Asking 1,500 but has already came down a bit. If it’s in decent shape and I can get it for 1,200 or under I’d feel ok about that. Thanks for any help.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2024 at 10:54 AM
    brenndatomu and Backwoods Savage like this.
  2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Glad you are liking the new to you home.

I don't know a lot about the Mansfield but I believe you can move it so long as there is a small cushion rather than steel forks on stone. Cardboard might work. Be sure to check the stone very well for cracks. Still, it sounds like you might save a few dollars, but I would question the purchase.

brenndatomu and theburtman like this.
  3. Highbeam

Highbeam

I had the heritage which is just the next size smaller but otherwise pretty much identical. The base is a huge casting. No stone exposed on the bottom but you don't want to bust the casting which should include an ash pan. That said, I found it best to rest the weight on it's feet.

brenndatomu likes this.