In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Harman P38 circuit board upgrade wiring questions

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by NH Grampa1, Oct 2, 2024 at 2:30 PM.

1. NH Grampa1

NH Grampa1

I am new to this forum. Sorry to jump right in with questions.
    I was looking for help with upgrading a Harman P38. I have one that is over 10 years old, and I finally got around to installing the upgrade kit, but I ran into a few questions with the wiring to the auger and the pressure switch.

The wiring diagram shows AC Black to Auger motor and AC White to pressure switch.
    My stove has AC White going to the Auger motor and AC Black going to the pressure switch, which is the opposite of the wiring diagram.
    Does Black hot and White neutral not matter in this situation?

The new cable for the retro fit kit has pin 6 as the white wire going to the auger motor but it has a female crimp connector on it and the white wire going to the auger motor has a female connector as well. It seems that I need to change the crimp on wire connector coming from pin 6 to a male crimp on connector. I was wondering if you ran into that issue. I changed the crimp on connector on the AC power white wire to a male connection like the instructions said but it did not call out to change the one going to the auger motor.

Last question

The sky-blue jumper do I not need this because my stove does not have the hopper switch because it is an older P38+.

Thank you
    Frank