In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Glass gasket question

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by creek chub, Aug 28, 2024 at 12:55 PM.

1. creek chub

creek chub

Wood insert glass gasket question

I looked at a used regency wood insert last night. I’m thinking about buying but have a question.

The glass gasket needs to be replaced, not a big deal. It looked odd how it is installed now though. The glass sits in the door frame, then the gasket and then a retaining rod. Wouldn’t the glass gasket be better in the frame under the glass?
    I might be overthinking it
    Thanks

MikeInMa likes this.
  2. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

The glass is touching the metal of the door directly? If so that doesn't sound right

theburtman likes this.
  3. Brad M

Brad M

Doesn’t sound right to me either. Maybe it was replaced by someone in the past and the got it wrong?

theburtman likes this.
  4. theburtman

theburtman

When I replaced the glass in my Century stove, it came with the gasket wrapped around the edge of the glass. I put the glass in, secured it, and lit a fire. The material was compressed and expanded when heated. I hope this makes sense and helps.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2024 at 8:38 AM