In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

For those that don't know yet

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by yooperdave, Jul 14, 2024.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

An attempt was made yesterday evening to take the life of a candidate for the presidency of the USA.

I was in attendance at a Mass given by a foreign priest and didn't understand what he was trying to tell us due to the language barrier. Got the news from the radio after services.

Don't know why this hasn't been posted on the open forums.

2. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

I thought we were a better country. Apparently not. We need to be better.

Prayers for those injured and killed, and for their families.

3. Jeffrey Svoboda

Jeffrey Svoboda

We are one step away from the counties we go and "free."

JD Guy, Eckie, eatonpcat and 9 others like this.
  4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Terrible there are so many who are filled with hatred.

5. ReelFaster

ReelFaster

Not getting political but when you turn on main stream media and social media that's all you hear 24/7 is hate filled rhetoric from BOTH sides................Hate filled rhetoric manifests in action.

Truly praying our country can come together and put differences aside, life is more valuable and important.

Eckie, eatonpcat, Ron T and 7 others like this.
  6. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

This has been brewing for a long, long time. I really hope what happens next is not more escalation, retaliation, etc. Once blood gets shed in a hyper-polarized atmosphere, all bets are off.

ReelFaster, Eckie, eatonpcat and 10 others like this.
  7. FarmerJ

FarmerJ

I’m glad I live in a camper in the middle of the woods off-grid and 100 miles from any major metropolitan area

ReelFaster, sms4life, Eckie and 12 others like this.
  8. Biddleman

Biddleman

I miss the time when you could have political differences with someone and have a normal conversation. At the end both agree that they will disagree. Then go have a beer and pizza and not talk about it again.
    I've lost a great friendship because my buddy's wife will make EVERYTHING political. You couldn't even listen to a certain band because the presidential candidate used one of their songs to campaign. She is off the rails and I couldn't stand to be around it anymore.

Eckie, eatonpcat, theburtman and 8 others like this.
  9. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

Not being political here & not directing this at any particular party. It’s much bigger than that in my opinion. I believe the establishment wants to keeps us fighting with each other to distract us from what they are doing to our country & it’s people.

10. Gasifier

Gasifier

I saw this reported right after it happened last night. Absolutely unacceptable. Disgusting and horrible. Shameful.

Reminds me of January 6th. Also absolutely unacceptable. Disgusting and horrible. Shameful.

We have been through this type of thing before, and got through it. We must make sure we get through it now and in the future. By remembering to be compassionate toward each other.

The media wants its ratings. The more dramatic they are with there “reporting” and “opinions”, the more watchers they get. Ratings bring in advertising money. Their business model succeeds.

Let’s not let them lead us down the wrong path.

Family and friendships are better!