In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fence post and plug puller

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by metalcuttr, Jul 19, 2019.

1. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

In the near future I will have a section of fence that will need replacing. It is between us and our nearest neighbor. It is built in such a way as to block a straight view between both our living rooms so I will want the posts to be in the same places they are now. This means pulling the old cement set posts and reusing the same holes. I don't have a small tractor so I need a fence post/concrete plug puller. Looked at several hydraulic jack operated pullers on the web and decided to build my own. I got a long jack from Harbor freight, some chain, chain hooks and wheels and cut and fabricated my own puller. Trials on a neighbors fence repair effort worked slick. I am pretty happy with the results. Now I just need the energy and ambition to tackle my own section of fence! Also have to get around to painting the unit!

Attached Files:

2. Chaz

Chaz

Slick work there.
    :thumbs:

Chazsbetterhalf likes this.
  3. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

Can't take credit for the basic design. Came from pictures from the web. I made a number of changes in tubing sizes, base plate design and certain pivot point brackets. Point is, no way I could afford a boughten one so had to make it. It will be doing brisk duty at a neighbors' house today!

Chaz and Chazsbetterhalf like this.