In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fall Chores

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Oldhippie, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

So I always end up spending quality time all Spring/Summer/Fall that I can on one of my bikes. I can't help it, I just love riding so much better than landscaping, gardening, and/or especially cutting/splitting and stacking.

Living in New England, who can blame me, the scenery is beautiful and it's my way of meditating.
    [​IMG]

But I did get some stuff done this summer. Many of you prolly saw some of the pics I posted on my first trip to Woodstock Soapstone.

We looked over the refurb stove I bought, which used to be Charlie's Fireview.

[​IMG] e

So the next time I went up. I took the SUV and my little aluminum motorcycle trailer. I get so much use out of this little trailer.

[​IMG]

It was a pretty ride up to Lebanon

[​IMG]

So I also used that little trailer do some hoarding. But I'm just a beginner compared to you guys.

[​IMG]

So today I used that little trailer again as the leaves seem to love my lawn and driveway. I spent the day today cleaning the lawn and those banking on the side of my driveway.

[​IMG]

Tons of work, and I did some stacking too.

[​IMG]

Just work, work, work! But sooo much better than con-calls, spreadsheets and budgets.

[​IMG]

Too much work, by back is going to hurt. I might need to do some riding tomorrow once the sun comes up.

[​IMG]

Still more work to do. Hope you enjoyed the little slide show. :popcorn:

milleo, Jack Straw, rottiman and 5 others like this.
  2. savemoney

savemoney

Didn't get out much this year. Thanks for sharing. Might make it over to Gotham then drop down to N. Conway sometime during the winter. Beautiful views, good roads.

Oldhippie likes this.
  3. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

I ride around the lakes region a lot. My BIL has a place on Ossipee that he lets me use during bike week, and I have some riding friends up there as well. Great area to ride. I have to look up Chelsea Maine on the map to figure where you are. Oh, you're just over by Augusta ...that's a gorgeous area.

savemoney likes this.
  4. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Beautiful pics... Thanks for sharing

Oldhippie likes this.
  5. rottiman

rottiman

Great pictures, you live in a really scenic area for sure.

6. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Thanks, and I have a full appreciation for the beauty. When I'm out on my motorcycle I am always torn with the "keep riding and enjoy the road and the scenery, or stop and take pics to share" question. Unfortunately no matter how good the camera and my skills, capturing the beauty that the eye sees is never really possible.

7. gmule

gmule

My bike is parked at the moment. We are expecting a couple of inches of fluffy precipitation.

Nice pictures of your area.

Oldhippie likes this.
  8. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Thanks! Yeah.. it's always take what you can this time of year here. I wouldn't be riding at all, (well maybe a 10 minute ride) if it weren't for the electric heated clothing/gloves etc.. that I've had now for a good long time. Helps me extend the season out in early Spring and late Fall.

9. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Nice pic's and a nice piece of property. Love the New England hills!

Oldhippie likes this.
  10. Oldhippie

Oldhippie

I get to ride down in NW CT every now and again when I can get out there!! Just beautiful. I took 23 through Great Barrington down to Sheffield this past Saturday and then 22N, up to 43 and then back through Williamstown Ma. What gorgeous country you have out there in NW CT. ..and the roads are very well taken care of.