In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Bi directional thru wall fan

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Jay Davies, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Jay Davies

Jay Davies

2016-12-10 17.59.15.jpg Anyone come across a thru wall reversible fan. The room my stove is in has a cathedral ceiling making the upper portion of the wall accessible to the upstairs. I put in a thru wall fan pulling the heat thru the downstairs then up and blowing back into the room with the stove. Does a really good job for making a comfortable sleeping temp, 68 degrees. There are times where I would love to flip the fan direction to give the up stairs a blast of hot air.

I have searched quite a bit on the internet and have not found a reversible fan. I currently have the suncourt TW108.

Attached Files:

imacman, ivanhoe, slvrblkk and 3 others like this.
  2. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

I have thought about doing this exact thing. My bonus room, where one stove is, the ceiling would be the right above the floor, dead center in my bedroom. I have two of the fans you have for other areas of my house, not reversible.

3. Dpopps

Dpopps

If it's something you really really want..

You could buy camper vent fan, they are reversible and can also get them with a thermostat. There quiet and move lots of air. You would need to hook them up to a power supply as there meant to run on dc. I would cover each side of the wall with large cold air return grates to hide the fan.
    Fan-Tastic Ceiling Fan/Vent with Remote Control

4. Jay Davies

Jay Davies

5. Dpopps

Dpopps

There are cheaper ones, different brands and options. That one is loaded, top of the line.

ivanhoe and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  6. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I think if you swapped it to a DC fan motor you could make it reversible.

IHATEPROPANE, ivanhoe and slvrblkk like this.
  7. BHags

BHags

I use a twin window fan in the wall of my cellar stairwell to blow warm air into the upstairs. It plugs into a nearby light socket, and is covered by a grate in the wall. It has two fans, is reversible, and has a thermostat. $20_$30 bucks if I recall.

IHATEPROPANE likes this.