LOL!!! 16" long 'rounds" of black locust. Its seldom round at that size.
It would bug me too. Friend of mine I sell BL to will burn it during shoulder season. Either that or oak heartwood! :picard:
462 wearing a 28" bar[ATTACH]
Good reason to break protocol. I would've. IMO its the heaviest wood. Bucked some this afternoon and couldn't get over how heavy a 12" round was.
Went to cut this afternoon and the locust pile grew...with honey locust. Six logs worth. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Bucked a couple face cord then...
Sounds like some good stuff. :thumbs:You only save the best!...
Kickin azz there Joe. :thumbs: Dry weather has to help as I know. Not going to be fun tomorrow.
Maybe I'll add it to my listings. I've never had a request for it though. Still trying to sell more pear! ;) Have a guy pending PU of three...
:jaw: :bug::makeitrain" I have 2.5 cords of the stuff. Half cord that's 3+ years dry, another cord that's a year old and a cord from April. I...
:popcorn: How did you make out Chuck?
Nothing wrong with that roof. A white shingle will look dirty in a few shorts years. If there is only one layer she wont have to tear if off.
Speaking of which, you had asked about washing her roof?
Any sales of it yet?
I recommend it as cooking wood besides oak. One smoker customer bought an 1/8 cord of it besides the bundles.
I have room at BL storage for nearly two cords and that includes adding an extra row too. (see post #166 above) After that I'm not sure. I can...
With rack #4 filled how much does that make? Did you retrieve the smaller tree that fell into the wooded area?
If the round in the first pic is from the same group im pretty sure its sugar maple. More pics of the bark will confirm. Its what i sell as...
Close! LOL!!! :woodsign: I called and he said its there. I asked to stop by and he said I better not as I wont be able to sleep once I see...
Well he wasn't kidding about a locust job this week. Checked it out late today. Feast your eyes! :bug: I counted 30+ logs. [ATTACH]...
That does it...you're cordially invited to jo191145's next get together! ;)