Have a customer wanting to buy fresh green split wood. Wondering how much other sellers discount their price. I've sold green rounds in the past...
More or less the same experiences here. Seems there's no honor in people these days. Recenty i held a chain saw for a guy as he was an hour...
Not my 660, but first time I've run one. 36" bar. Having run the 500i before it the same day I wasn't that impressed. Too heavy for me.[ATTACH]...
Like I said it makes great kindling. Hang around here for a bit and get an education. I thought I knew a lot about wood and trees and have...
Got a call from buzz-saw Thursday. He had cut some Norway maple and offered it to me knowing I love maple. Easy back right in and load....
Black locust? Did someone say black locust? :drool:
Sounds like basswood. Would you take any softwoods ie hemlock given the chance? Around here softwoods are frowned upon by most burners with...
The little bark scrap on his splitter looks just like basswood based on my experience which isn't a whole lot.
Smoker sales have really picked up. Met up with a guy Thursday for five hickory bundles. Guy stopped by tonight for five bundles..four apple and...
Nice looking splitter. Cant blame you there. Why pay more for something you don't need. Wanna see pics of it in action soon! :axe:
I checked my stack of HL from May 22 and didn't see any frass. It was kinda crammed in back in the wood yard and didn't unstack any. Guess I'm...
Hearing that story reminded me of an incident that happened in vocational school. We were sophmores and had a German exchange student in class....
Pretty sure its basswood. Color, weight and ease of splitting are a match for it. Dries to feather light in six months. Popular to split into...
:eek: :heidi:
Bucking one of the large gnarly silver maple logs yesterday the saw starts jamming in the cut while spitting out bits of something clothlike....
With what I had and his over two gallons. Im with you on that. I couldn't keep the chains sharp to my liking!
No problems at all.
LOL!!! Pretty much. Stops for sharpening, fueling, quick lunch and drink breaks. I knew it was close to quitting time and he was pulling...
Actually had blisters under my callouses on my left hand. The other guy he has bucking is a hack. Plus the silver maple had very little in the...
He called me a couple weeks back and I wasn't able to go in as I had other work. Called me Wednesday and I put in NINE hours today. Mostly...