It was gnarlier than pictured...forked into multiple trunks. Being a yard tree i was worried about metal too. Most of this will go towards...
Another FBM find. Less than ten minutes from home. Big ole yard tree. Not like my usual primo scores, but and easy back up, cut and load....
How much will it hold? Once its full of wood you'll need more room. :stacker:Ask me how how I know this. Many other FHCers can relate.
1225lbs
Hard to like this RB. Hopefully your home and buildings are safe and undamaged. Few years back I had wood stacked close to the small river...
Off to a good start there. :thumbs: Once you get some wood in there it'll be a tough decision whether to look at your hoard or look at the lake!
Congrats on the new toy. :thumbs: Once I went hydro I never went back. Still swing the maul to section up rounds when loading. Looking...
:salute:
My local is North Haven. Ill hit the Wallingford one if I have brush and its afternoon as the other closes at noon.
Good looking stack. I sometimes for get the wheelbarrow of uglies and shorts in my tallies too. Is that a piece of metal on top?
Around here it would disappear quickly unless its big and gnarly or softwood.
X2. I was chasing my tail trying to get the okay on some nice wood years back. I was told to talk with the towns "tree warden" and he told me...
Ive done the keeping wood sign and have been very tempted to do the free wood sign! :emb:
Nothing great at the local one yesterday cept for some smaller EWP and some bigger shrub chunks.
Around here if its left roadside its pretty much free game, but most of the time I try to get permission for my own piece of mind. Worse case...
He has both sizes and when they are full he uses the bobcat to give them several good shakes to settle the wood. IIRC the bigger ones hold a face...
I get top dollar for that stuff!!!
The guy I cut for part time loves the IBC's as he stacks them three high with his bobcat. They are loose filled off a conveyor. He said he tried...
My bundles have no label. Couple years back one of my regulars had to remove them from being sold as they weren't labeled. State weights and...
No experience with them here and most sellers I've talked to prefer the IBC totes over them. With time and experience you should find a way that...