45 and raining. Started out this morning with sassafras and cherry, and I just reloaded with a couple elm chunks/shorts.
If I had the plow for my Cub Cadet on already I'd almost be jealous!
40/70 cherry and bigtooth aspen
It looks a little like a cheap metal spile that’s used to extract the sap out of maple trees during syrup season, but I can’t imagine fir trees...
Here's the insider scoop: Brad has been scrounging an obscene amount of locust for the past 5 years, and has built up a clientele that now have...
I would not recommend globetrotting in a 3rd world country with wads of cash on hand. Even my experience in Europe (where a lot of places DON'T...
I’m finally getting back to stacking again. Between these two rows there’s a cord here that I stacked this morning, with enough room left on the...
Too bad they’re all Picco. Still one heck of a deal for someone… 55 Chains from my 16" Stihl chainsaw 55 Chains from my 16" Stihl chainsaw -...
42 with a mix of sugar maple, cherry and sassafras
Old truck cap over one of my woodpiles. Looks like some neighborhood kids were having fun. I can’t say I didn’t do the same thing at that age....
46/70 sugar maple, elm and black cherry
44 barkless American elm chunks and red maple
I wouldn’t put yourself in a jam parting with more than you can comfortably spare. Just because someone else hasn’t grasped the concept of...
+2 for me this week. Crabapple: [ATTACH] Dogwood: [ATTACH]
Bark and end grain definitely look like Norway maple to me. That log is surprisingly straight if that's the case. Norway maple yard/street trees...
Once bucked, yes. That's probably it for new species this year for me though, unless I get something really oddball and unexpected. Oh yeah, might...
Another first time score for me: dogwood. buZZsaw BRAD had given me a few good size rounds almost 2 years ago, but I’ve never come across any...
38/70 burning a mixed load of ash, cherry and red maple
I haven't burned any yet, and only scored a small amount for the very first time back in the spring. If your experience is that it dries fast,...
Looks like long-dead black cherry to me. I can see the remnants of a faint light colored sapwood ring on the outside of the rounds.