I’ll be darned. If I elongate the slot 1/8”-3/16” backwards and add another set of adjuster holes 3/8” back, I’ll be able to run standard 84DL...
The verdict is in. I’m going to have to remove at least one drive link. Not a terrible outcome considering I’ll still be able to somewhat share...
Another huge reason I wanted to convert this saw to 0.375 pitch chain is ease of square filing. I've converted probably half a dozen of my 0.325...
I picked up 2 of these bottles for $7 at Market 32 (Price Chopper) this past week. Good, HOT, but too much pepper extract flavor vs. the natural...
I won't be sharing a bar, just the chains (hopefully). Yeah I own 5 of these 24" Husky bars, and already opened up the slot in one of them to 12mm...
100% agreed. I still do everything I did when I first joined up, but more of it and then some. Shoot more, garden more, fish more, hike more, DIY...
Thanks for sharing Jason. It's actually really helpful knowing that I'm not the only one out there breaking brand dogma, trying new things and...
Good point. I'll find out in a few days when my new rim sprocket comes in, and I get a chance to widen the slot and do a fit check.
Come to think of it, I think the deciding factor will be if there's the same number of teeth on the sprocket on the Stihl vs. Husky. Best case...
0.050"
I've decided to start running 0.375 chain on my ported 029 super so that I can more or less standardize my chain hoard. A major wrench thrown into...
OP is pretty far outside the native range of chestnut oak. I think you’re on the right track with white oak family anyway. It might be a bur oak.
All I had were my two Echoes when I joined up in 2020. I still have those plus 2 Stihls and 2 Huskies. I had a top handle that I gifted to another...
A wood fire driving a steam engine that is turning an AC compressor should do it, but I’m no HVAC guy :D
Last fall I chopped all the canes to these black raspberry plants off at about 18” from ground level, following advice an old coworker gave me....
I have a verbal agreement with the neighbor to maintain a "buffer zone" of sorts between my kept lawn and his anarchist approach to yard...
No clue. I already had one heaping Colorado load I brought in last week too. Only about 3-4 feet :whistle:
I enjoy all the extra daylight and abundant sunshine this time of year. The 90+ degree temperatures get old, but that helps me appreciate the...
Do you know of any local machine shops that do metal spinning? I'm not sure what the cost would be for a one-off piece, but maybe not too bad?...
I’m glad this is over with… for now. I’m going to need a lot more down the road. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]