Nest they have been building in the front shrub. (pic from yesterday)[ATTACH] [ATTACH] No eggs yet. I didn't check today
Excellent firewood. Dries in a year and better than oak IMO. Readily available in the state. But I'm picky as this was nice straight...
Its okay Eric, I would've taken the tulip first too! :rofl: :lol:
Thats tough. Kinda had a rough Monday myself. Firewooding is good therapy.
Didnt feel like unloading wet wood yesterday so the load went to work with me today and I split some right off the truck later. [ATTACH] Mound of...
Interesting as its supposed to be easier to split when dead and barkless.
Nice load. I guess you ate your Wheaties this morning!
We have a robin building a nest in our front shrub. Haven't checked on it in a couple days. It was in the early stages. If I remember I'll get...
Im the same way. Being self employed most of my life and working alone I go all out. I bring a lunch most of the time and half the time don't...
Cool stuff. See if you could get some pics next time.
We had three good storms here in 2015, 2018, 2020 and most of the stuff I'm getting is from them either blow over and/or clean up wood. Maybe 1...
I brought some aluminum in Friday and being a small load it kinda wasn't worth the effort for the $25 I got. Im overflowing here with it and that...
Load of dead/down black locust from Saturday[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
The Isocore doubles nicely as a sledge. Great warranty from Fiskars. I've broken two Isocores and two X27 axes. All were replaced. Youre a...
Some good stuff there sir! Hardest thing about sitting down is getting up! Log lengths are nice. My MO years back until I decided to bring a...
The fungi on the trunk look typical to what I see on dead red maples around here. Once dead they have a short "shelf life"
Id say red maple. As Eric said twigs would confirm
Catalpa about the same as sassafras IMO. They don't seem to grow straight either. I don't go out of my way for it but will take if given the...
Taking shape nicely. :yes: Betcha you'll be adding onto it again with the way you hoard wood!
I don't encounter it often even though it is around here. If the wood was straight and would make decent splits I'd take it again , but it...