This is going WAYYY back but there's some cool concepts for inspiration here: Muffler Mod Pic Thread
That's why I say *according to Google* :) 900 sounded a bit high I’ve got a deflector concept in the works but it might interfere with the bar or...
According to Google, silver solder melts at 1145F and chainsaw exhaust gas is around 900F, so that seems to be cutting it close to me.
I actually came across an Ironhorse video recently on YouTube and thought man, if this guy can butcher together a homemade muffler using the junk...
Not yet... but if he doesn't get off his keister soon there may not be any more for him to take ;)
I was definitely floating the idea. More long term though I was hoping to make a new muffler entirely, and use this just to get the saw going.
This muffler is gazing back at me with an OMG WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!?! face :rofl: :lol: All sandblasted and ready for paint. [ATTACH]
I got the strong feeling the owner was a bit of a "slumlord" but hey, I'll gladly take him up on his offer :) He apparently owns other properties...
So a year ago Brad came up to my area to hoard some black locust across town (big surprise, right?) He stopped at my house for a quick visit. I...
Picking away at the honey hole again. [ATTACH]
You know the wood’s going to be good when the pallets it’s been sitting on have been there so long they’re sunken into the ground :thumbs: I’m...
26/70 ash, yellow birch and black walnut.
I lost about 15 pounds since Halloween. I cut out fried food, no soda (regular or diet) drink green and black tea, still drink coffee but instead...
Cheapo Amazon thing. I wear it 90% of the time. [MEDIA] Also a diet change helped HUGELY. I stay away from foods that cause inflammation, which...
I’ve got arthritis in my right ankle and wear a brace on that side. Between the hiking yesterday and the scrounging I’m paying for it today...
This is the time of year I try to hit it hard (or at least often) Once it starts getting into the 60s and 70s I really don’t want to be breaking a...
[ATTACH]
It’s for sale. No more hits on Craigslist yet but I might post it here. Actually used it today at home to buck the skinny logs from this morning.
That’s a good idea with the walking sticks. I actually came across one wild edible today that has been eluding me: Gaultheria procumbens -...
Mmmmm. Looks… itchy. At least that’s what I remember from moving hay wearing short sleeves in August :)