24 outside, and only 64 inside. The furnace should’ve kicked on, but didn’t. I hope this isn’t going to be an expensive fix :hair: In the meantime...
Nice score despite the hill and massive tangle of briars and vines. Sometimes the extra work makes the victory extra sweet :salute:
About 3 weeks ago I met Brad down in North Haven to pick up some PT lumber. On my way home I stumbled on a single roadside elm round and brought...
I have a bad feeling that one lonely round is still out in the cold, sobbing like the dog at the animal shelter that didn't get adopted. :(
It’s now a “tactical” chainsaw. Maybe I’ll mount a picatinny rail on it for a scope, and forward grip just because forward grips are cool ;)
I dropped the last sugar maple straddling my property line and got it processed today. Not a large tree by any stretch, but it produced a couple...
Luckily the throttle was intact for the most part. The handle broke off right behind the trigger mechanism. I thought about going the wood route,...
I’m almost embarrassed by this temporary “repair” of mine, but I don’t know. Maybe it could become a new fad? Post-apocalyptic rat rod saws...
I can keep a good coal bed going for well over 10 hours but it won’t be generating that much heat. o_O Last week I was surprised to see a 14 hour...
Most of my wood is in its final form by the time it’s stacked. Once in a blue moon if I’m low on kindling I’ll sacrifice a few dry splits to make...
Back to burning tonight. It’s 38 now, forecasted to drop to 27 overnight. I’ve got some chunks of white pine, black cherry and black walnut going...
I’ve only gotten one green ash yard tree, back in 2020. It was hard to split and noticeably denser than white ash, which is the normal ash variety...
It looks like ash to me, green (species) variety.
I’m following right along (that was quite a ride) :) I actually didn’t know the history of the painting or where it originated. I knew about...
Most of it is gone. A lot went through my stove and some went to cook the thanksgiving Turkey at my uncle’s house last year and this year. I still...
That’s a unicorn for most of us! Excellent score :thumbs:
Some happy little wood grain here… Okay maybe this isn’t a Bob Ross, but the scream painting comes to mind whenever I see grain like that. [ATTACH]
I eyeballed my cuts in this sugar maple log this morning and they’re all within good enough standards. :jaw: Maybe I should get a lottery ticket...
We’re due for another one like that. I remember being trapped in our old apartment for 2 days before a large Caterpillar pay loader came and...
Too warm for a fire here at 50. I did hear the furnace kick on so I baked a loaf of bread, which shut it back up :) Looks like we’ll be back to...