Sometimes fate intervenes in funny ways. This oriental bittersweet vine is choking a tree that already died. Left alone, it’s also eventually...
39/70 yellow birch, apple and sugar maple. Hard to believe it's *supposed * to hit 77 later today. o_O
It’ll be written into law online, in the classroom, on the job, and on the TV. Dissenters will be put behind bars for holding “unacceptable and...
He failed the purity test. One day in the not-so-distant future, they'll prosecute you for crimes like that.
It's a fungal disease that's spread by infected bark beetles. If you bring home dead elm that still has living beetle larvae under the bark, the...
Hope you and your wife feel better soon metalcuttr
Yep that’s the spot. Smaller tree that had fallen across the trail when Isaias hit. I wasn’t going to cut it, but one day it appealed to me :loco:...
IME about the same drying time. The last score of aspen I got in February 2021 was burned that October, and was well under 20% MC. Burns HOT too.
Looks like elm. More specifically, red (slippery) elm.
Sorry to hear. I load up in the morning before work and my wife is good about keeping it fed, especially on cold days. However she’s got this...
Had a maple/apple fire this morning when it was about 40 outside. Very pleasant at 69 and sunny right now. I’m not done burning for the year but...
We’re probably about the same lol. My bum foot limits my ability to contort myself to get things done. Not so much a problem being a machinist,...
You gave me a couple extra sheets I’m pretty sure. They might have been damaged but had some good usable sections. I’m going to stagger the layout...
Thanks. I took the day off of work thinking I could do the fascia and all the bridging, but only got the fascia and about two thirds of the...
11 months later and I’m back on the job :whistle: This morning I snapped a string line on the rafter tails and trimmed them nice and straight. The...
25/70 mixing it up big time this morning with a little red oak, maple, ash chunks and apple. [ATTACH]
My bar oil, fuel, scrench, files, ear muffs, gloves and spare chain(s) go in a milk crate. Chaps are kept in the cab of the truck along with my...
Off to a great start. He had a great example to learn from :thumbs:
46 forecasted to drop to 25 overnight. Yellow birch, sugar maple and apple going at the moment.
Not bad really. Weird organic smell but not really off-putting. I found cottonwood to absolutely reek.