45 now, heading towards freezing overnight. I had a small fire this morning but let it go out so I could clean out the ash. Just got the stove...
Looks like a blast to shoot… But yeah I would definitely do some investigation before sending too many rounds through it. Chamber dimensions and...
Split it on the big side for longevity of burn time. It dries fast, burns hot and fast. In my stove I like to mix it in with other denser wood.
That was definitely the video I didn’t know I needed to see. Thanks for sharing :handshake:
I love old relics like that. Pretty neat piece(s) of New England history there. I knew about the Quabbin reservoir and the towns that were...
That’s some incredibly easy to split wood if you’re one-handing it. I kind of wish I took some a couple years ago at my “copped my fix downtown”...
30/72 red and sugar maple on tap for the day.
I've been mulling this over for a while now, but they've got to do better on the run time. To be fair there are plenty of applications where I'd...
Almost looks like you were going for BL (black locust) smoothie. That would get Brad's wheels turning...;)
Very nice fabrication work buzz-saw :yes: Your TIG welds look great, you used nice plated grade 8 hardware, good use of roll pins, the point on...
Maybe not too distant though? Years ago my aunt married a man who came from the UK. On the wedding day, he had a few relatives fly in for the...
Unless they reinstitute Danelaw and give us a large tract of land north of the river Humber, I don't think today's world is ready for roadside...
Hey I'm from Bristol too! ;) As far as what makes me sad goes.... Knowing I'm as old as I've ever been, and the youngest I'll ever be again :faint:
Boy, I dunno. Maybe 24”? Most of the ones I’ve seen are 18” and under. I’ll have to go back and check to satisfy my own curiosity now.
Nice little grab Thom. Looks like you got a little white oak and some ash too.
We took a quick stroll through the woods before the sun went down. The area we walked through was an old road abandoned in the early 60s when the...
33 heading to about 38 today before the rain sets in this evening. Just reloaded with black locust on some red and sugar maple coals.
It does resemble a soft maple a little bit, but that large “Y” where the trunk forks off says elm all day long.
Nice job on the sugar maple and helping the neighbor there. Sounds like a fun, successful day of hoarding :yes:
The elm and sugar maple I was burning earlier today has been replaced with black locust. One thing about burning BL is it’s great to throw on a...