Rain stopping soon. Temperatures dropping tomorrow, then we’re solidly into November burning weather :thumbs: [ATTACH]
How the heck is that even possible?!?! I thought temperature swings here in New England were bad… The saying is “if you don’t like the weather,...
Death and hatred to mankind Poisoning their brainwashed minds Some crap never changes. https://youtu.be/bc5Nk1DXyEY
White oak definitely lasts decades, easily. Chestnut did too, because the wood was loaded with tannins. That natural rot resistance was why it was...
That’s impressive. EAB was first detected in Connecticut in 2012, and for the most part (at least in my area) I haven’t found too many worth...
About the same here. I’ve had enough of it. I wouldn’t complain one bit if it was 30 degrees colder.
One more load today. I did it buZZsaw BRAD Style by quartering them on site, which is the right way to do it. :emb: There’s still one more small...
Just the sassafras. It was already dry as a bone all the way through, surprisingly. The chestnut oak will get 3+ years in my stacks. I have a lot...
It hasn’t happened to me with a truck yet, but I blew out the rear hatch window in my last car when I was a car hoarder. I stuffed the back full...
Haha I knew someone was going to go there. Yes, strapped down, that sassafras didn’t move an inch. ;)
Here’s what’s left after manually splitting all of it. First I knocked off most of the outer punk before splitting the heart wood. I LOVE oak...
Being on a long weekend, and that my kids are in school, I’m a free man today to do as I please. I’ve been driving past this gypsy moth killed...
39 with a load of sassafras and red oak uglies going.
Sassafras and elm skinnies in the Lopi. 32 outside. [ATTACH]
You only get to read a few free WSJ articles before they make you pay to view them.
Very cool. :yes: I’ve only seen the falls from the American side, and from taking the boat tour.
My seedlings that were planted in March have done well this year, the tallest reaching about 2’ high. Now that the trees are going dormant I...
You’ve definitely earned your keep on that one. I also really like the look of your great wall of firewood running parallel with your driveway up...
[MEDIA]
Nice clean drops and great score in general. :yes: Got to love fast drying wood that doesn’t have to be hauled far. This is a different storage...