We have to be careful here. If we get too far into the weeds with this wood drying business, we'll likely scare away any potential newcomers...
This is one of those situations where there's a never-ending stream of "alternate facts" :hair:
I get the thinking behind getting the wood baking earlier in the day. Last I knew though, wood doesn't retain heat like asphalt does. It seems to...
Here's a more in-depth article to give a better scope of what's happening in CT: New heating oil laws kick in July 1st in Conn.
I guess that wouldn't be a huge deal for people with tanks in their basements like I have, but for people with tanks in the ground outside it...
Sounds all well and good, but I have a few reservations about buying into this guy's " this fuel delivers no cost" sales pitch. Nobody is moving...
My guess is that afternoon sun would be best, considering that’s generally the hottest part of the day.
Food
Good call with the app. I’m only familiar with the Asiatic white mulberry that’s prevalent in my area. I just noticed the edges of the leaves are...
Catalpa
I haven't seen a single one this year. I think it was 2018 when we last had them really bad, in certain areas. Even back then, I remember the oaks...
Calling all southwest CT hoarders looking for red maple cut too long (ahem buZZsaw BRAD ) Free firewood Free firewood - free stuff
That’s been exactly my experience with dead chestnut oak as well. I cut some gypsy moth killed trees in the summer of 2020, and by the 2021-2022...
Here’s the finished stack to wrap up this thread. Not a whole lot but enough to say I earned my keep. It may look a little haphazard but it feels...
I should have worded that better. The maple splits pictured are for the woodstove, but I had a small pile of 2-3" twisted/knotted skinnies I left...
It’s relatively rare from what I can tell. Shagbark and Pignut are much more common. I’ve only seen it a handful of times. A few trees close to my...
Got my first Blot bell pepper coming in. [ATTACH] Usually I pull all the rogue tomatoes that come up on their own, but I’m letting these two...
The mockernut is processed. Definitely had to channel my inner buZZsaw BRAD to get these stringy rounds to yield to the maul. I may break down...
The elm. It’s going to sit in the round until next spring. [ATTACH] The red maple. The smallest of the skinnies went into the outdoor burning...
American elm, red maple and mockernut hickory. A coworker took a few trees down at his son’s house this past weekend and offered me whatever wood...