That’s a shame the rest got tossed. I have just enough left for the rafters, no extra. As for the spot in Bristol where I found the other 2x6’s,...
There’s going to be plenty of that during this build. :thumbs: If you look closely at the temporary braces on the posts you’ll see the wood is...
The fisherman’s memorial in Gloucester Massachusetts [ATTACH]
The sunset looked a lot better than the bike, but it was still fun getting this old clunker up to the top of this rocky ridge. That was a 25 mile...
It’s been a week since I touched this project. No biggie. Today I was able to get the rest of my lateral braces cut and secured on the back of the...
I agree, nature is fascinating. :yes: This is the first year that I gathered acorns in the fall and planted them on purpose. They’re in pots...
49 overcast/drizzling for most of the day. Stove is rolling again with silver maple shorties and one barkless elm skinny. [ATTACH]
:thumbs: I see hedge and apple… but no hedge apples to plant your own at home? ;)
Wild plum?
I started a few black locust indoors last month and it’s doing well. Next week I’ll start hardening them off with my tomatoes and peppers, slowly...
My pure American chestnuts are starting to break the surface. So far I counted 15 that have popped, which is about half of the germinated nuts I...
Paperbark maple?
I still have trouble identifying hickories by bark alone, unless it's a pignut or a mature shagbark. It's not as pronounced in this picture, but...
Here's a quick guide of the usual suspects found in my area:...
With every passing week, that link becomes more and more relevant.
So that's what it looks like when common core mathematics makes it out into the real world... Is that a shingle oak Chud?
:shiver: Maybe by Memorial Day? Wow!
When Standard Oil was broken up in 1911 due to antitrust laws, all it did was get the people responsible for regulation in on the action so that...
Guess I read into this thread wrong. We can discuss the problem but the causes are a bridge too far. I was trying to be ambiguous in my reply to...
I see what you’re driving at. Maybe a Comanche wearing a bandana? Say, Hinerman would you happen to be Native American yourself?