I still have trouble identifying hickories by bark alone, unless it's a pignut or a mature shagbark. It's not as pronounced in this picture, but...
Here's a quick guide of the usual suspects found in my area:...
With every passing week, that link becomes more and more relevant.
So that's what it looks like when common core mathematics makes it out into the real world... Is that a shingle oak Chud?
:shiver: Maybe by Memorial Day? Wow!
When Standard Oil was broken up in 1911 due to antitrust laws, all it did was get the people responsible for regulation in on the action so that...
Guess I read into this thread wrong. We can discuss the problem but the causes are a bridge too far. I was trying to be ambiguous in my reply to...
I see what you’re driving at. Maybe a Comanche wearing a bandana? Say, Hinerman would you happen to be Native American yourself?
It’s worth mentioning that there are people holding public office on both sides of the aisle that are invested heavily in Exxon Mobil, Chevron,...
I’ll count myself as fortunate? I just got a 3% raise which covers 1/3 of the cost of year over year inflation… :jaw: The irony here is who this...
Gray and 54. The house felt chilly so another fire for tonight; just some silver maple shorties. This *might* be the last one of the season but I...
That's the plan. Funny I never noticed the little diamond and had to actually look at a tape measure just now, then Google its significance. :emb:...
I have to get my lateral braces on the back side before setting the rafters. I figure there's a couple days there of working on it a little at a...
I would call those two kissing cousins :whistle: Can't say I've ever seen 2 separate oak varieties grown so close together before. Kind of reminds...
Thanks eatonpcat :handshake: Rumor has it you're an experienced structural guy. Do the upright posts look stout enough to you? Before I even...
You friggin’ guys burning wood when it’s 50 something degrees out… pffft! All you’re doing is making me miss having a fire. :) So I just got...
As buZZsaw BRAD can attest, I’m about 3’1” so the only thing I have to worry about hitting my head on is the kitchen table :D
Lateral braces are done on the front, but I’m calling it quits for the day. Heading out to do some stuff with my kids. I’ll pick back up a little...
Eastern Red Cedar :drool: Considering the project I’m working on right now, those cedar poles look awesome. If I were you I would’ve scarfed them...
Haha :handshake: I can make a milling machine hum and a lathe sing, but this type of work is really stretching me to my limits.