I seem to remember your theme of bombing down the tracks on one of these, “ whistling Dixie and pumping our way to Freedomville” [ATTACH]
:whistle:
I've probably spent 100 hours total on video games growing up and 50 hours inside casinos as a young adult. In the past 15 years I have neither...
Nice haul of the dreaded-by-some elm :yes:
I never found roaches in a tree before. I wonder if they were sawyer beetles? [ATTACH] If it were me (no way I’m walking away from hickory ;))...
I put 3 seeds in there if I remember right. Only the one came up though. That other little sprout is actually a date palm from a medjool date pit...
Hard to tell but here’s a bark comparison from what you got to the Osage growing in my stove room :rofl: :lol: [ATTACH]
It’s either Osage or it’s cousin the mulberry. Either way, you done gooder scooping that up :thumbs:
Oh yeah that definitely looks like it. There’s not too many other species that split like that. Take what you already split and leave the rest :)
Reminds me a little of a young black gum. If you buck a piece off and it splits difficult and stringy, there you have it.
A very windy 35 and dropping fast. Cherry and ash shorties processed back in October/November 2020 are burning phenomenally.
21 and slowly rising towards the mid 30s, with black cherry at it again. I staged a small pile of ash shorties on the hearth last night so my wife...
Eric Wanderweg I never had the privilege of meeting the man, but the least I can do is give a little something back, for what was freely given to me.
Ear worm?
March is definitely going out like a lion, with a chilly 20° this morning. Black cherry is knocking back the cold again.
34 and snowing on and off. Spruce is up to bat burning down cherry coal beds tonight. [ATTACH]
On behalf of everyone north of the Mason-Dixon Line, I’d like to personally thank you for doing that. Now that you’ve put all that effort in,...
I finished splitting and stacking all the elm. It ended up being exactly a face cord and a half. Now I’ll have to finish out this stack with some...
Sunny and 39 at the moment with black cherry in the stove. It’s heading to the mid 40s today followed by a cold snap to start the week off, with...
This won’t get burned until at least the 2023-2024 season, so 2 summers of drying. It’ll probably sit longer than that though because that’s when...