March is definitely going out like a lion, with a chilly 20° this morning. Black cherry is knocking back the cold again.
34 and snowing on and off. Spruce is up to bat burning down cherry coal beds tonight. [ATTACH]
On behalf of everyone north of the Mason-Dixon Line, I’d like to personally thank you for doing that. Now that you’ve put all that effort in,...
I finished splitting and stacking all the elm. It ended up being exactly a face cord and a half. Now I’ll have to finish out this stack with some...
Sunny and 39 at the moment with black cherry in the stove. It’s heading to the mid 40s today followed by a cold snap to start the week off, with...
This won’t get burned until at least the 2023-2024 season, so 2 summers of drying. It’ll probably sit longer than that though because that’s when...
:drool: I think now is the appropriate time for one of those awards that are given out periodically. Yes, I do believe you’ve earned the infamous...
I think it was dead for only a few months at that point. The bark was coming off in sheets from the larger trunk sections. The bark is still tight...
Honestly it’s not that bad if it was cut dead or sat in the round for a while. If you cut a live tree and split it right away, that’s when you’ll...
“Huh?” you say… :confused: So a quick rundown is in order. Firewood has changed hands a few times on here between members. Fellow Connecticut...
Interesting story and an ambitious undertaking. Let's hope in another thousand years people can look upon some ancient oaks (and other species)...
We were told the shortages were coming. [ATTACH]
It’s that time of year again. Cooper’s hawk perched high in the red oak above my backyard, watching my chickens and rabbit. Unless he can chew...
I don’t think ash has a high tannin content like cherry and walnut do. Those woods aren’t known to cause creosote buildup either, so I suspect...
It was a touch on the warm side, yes. 78 :emb:
42 and starting to rain. I hadn’t loaded the stove since 4:30 this morning. I had no intention of relighting it until tomorrow morning either. At...
Phew, I can smell that cutoff wheel and grinding grit from here ;)
30/72 black cherry with a couple locust skinnies that somehow evaded the stove until today.
Usually I fill up an entire tray for tomatoes and another one for peppers. This year my plan is to grow a lot more variety in my beds. An entire...
Seed starting week has arrived here. I just set up my wire rack and washed out the starter trays. [ATTACH]