It’s collegiate baseball season and weather here, so I bid farewell to this thread until next winter. We will still need overnight fires, but it’s...
My wife plugged some fresh oak logs with shiitake spores or something and the next summer they bloomed. She is a fungus hunting fanatic
Yoshino Cherries are going to pop this week [ATTACH]
I have my wife give it some side eye and the bark falls off. I’ll let it marinade for a while after cutting it into rounds. I have not collected...
Red Oak and Elm :saw: [ATTACH] White Oak and Elm [ATTACH]
That looks like a black, or Southern Red Oak, go get it!
Sometimes the chase is more fun. Better luck next time. Once you have the 400 you will almost have the full monty of modern stihls.
If I can get the candyvan roadworthy, I’m a hard maybe.
Grand Canyon, deserts, Cabo, Sequoia national park, Joshua Tree, Devils Tower, Yellowstone, Blackhills, the boundary waters, but I have a few more...
It’s looking like tree of heaven to me.
That will definitely be ready to burn next winter.
I was just kidding about the highly valuable. It might be good to go if it’s kept dry. I don’t have any experience with drying time for black walnut.
I think you might have destroyed a highly valuable black walnut log. :thumbs:
Preventative maintenance
Yes Carlton is .58 and tsumara and Oregon are.63
When saws don’t get cleaned, or get pm, you don’t find the loose, dirty and broken stuff. It’s what rainy or snow days are for.
There is tons of it here. I could quickly bury my property in Va pine. If I didn’t have good access to hardwoods, or had a bunch of fire pit...
Oh, I forgot that detail about the Carlton bar. All the 22” bars are .58 or .63
Sassafras
That’s on my retirement adv bike trip out west bucket list.