Have you been wowed by your black locust experience or is it kind of so-so for you?
That screw looks like it was one of millions drove into trees all over the country on April 22, 1970 during the first Earth Day. The hive mind...
Spruce is the black locust of the hour, because after an hour you’ll have to reload :)
It was 4 at the house this morning, and warming up nicely now. Currently 21 with a high of 27 projected. Spruce is the weapon of choice today,...
16/72 with a forecasted wake up temperature of 7. Stove is loaded for the night with red oak and black locust, air choked almost all the way down....
I don’t have a cat stove but I’m believing more and more that I can easily bake everybody out of the house even on lesser woods. I just reloaded...
21 here which is as warm as it’s going to get until sometime tomorrow. I’m home on quarantine so just keeping the stove fed a little at a time....
Good to hear you made it past the worst of it. It went through my house in March of 2020. Now just today I found out I’ve got it again, along with...
In a way I'm surprised I haven't burned more. Granted I didn't start until November 5th, and the weather was mild until almost Christmas. Now in a...
Light snow and bottomed out for the night here at a mild 28 degrees. I’ve got a large split of hemlock sitting on a deep bed of various hardwood...
I clean my chimney every year at the end of September before burning season starts. Last year I ended up with about a good handful of creosote....
Is that all from that grapple load you picked up last year?
Market is down around 3% today.... so far.
Nicely done! Always good to see fellow forum members working together to knock another score out of the park :thumbs: Today was the perfect day...
As the racks under my deck get depleted, I keep grabbing more from the backyard. Saturday this rack had a lot of beech in it that I moved in for...
We’re up above freezing again, at 34 degrees. I decided it was time to break up the monotony and burn some red and sugar maple chunks/uglies. I...
If you’re dropping boles, are you bowling?
Good thing nobody was killed. I’m sure this kind of thing happens a lot more than we hear about.
Great score. You can tell it must’ve been a beautiful old shade tree with large sprawling limbs while it was still standing.
19 here and not expected to drop much overnight. Burning 3 splits of beech and 1 dead barkless black locust round. [ATTACH]