So far the isocore has taken more abuse than my wooden handled counterparts. Im also a little more careful now. But the head is far more secure,...
Was thinking the same thing about the down-hill roll. My notes of caution: i'm replacing trailer lights for the second or third time due to wood...
To add to BuZZsaw's point about using different mauls/axes: I did my first ever frozen wood job these last few days. Isocore was perfect for...
Echoing BWS....be safe and have a blast! Sca
Eric VW I've evidently forgotten how to PM. At the feet of Almighty today, asking for His wisdom to be revealed to you for moving forward,...
Glad I swallowed my coffee before reading this! Started my day off with a good laugh. I've busted those lights as well, usually moving something...
Quite a few. That's a lot of reading.... Sca
I did some hand splitting yesterday and today...yesterday in the teens, today 30 or 31. It was nice to buck large pieces, and swing the maul for a...
Perhaps about a dozen? Based on the billboards as seen on my highway driving into MA. Sca
That has got to be one helluva rifle. Lighting being properly 5' off the bench surface... Please PM (or post) invented words. My repotoire is...
bogieb Yer gonna have shadows burned into the walls down there! Sca
Never heard it till here either. 'Course that goes for a lot of things I've learned in the last couple years about wood burning! Sca
Wow! Thanks for the thoughts and the prayers. That means a lot for sure. Interestingly, the loss itself was one thing, but the family dynamics...
Hey! Sorry for the delay. My mom departed for Heaven late Friday night. Its been a bit of a situation here. More relief than grief, it was a...
We burned 2.1C fall of '21. Our first fall burning. CY '22 1 cord with 3+ handy for the rest of the season. We're actually measuring wood use by...
Yup....an hour in and a beautiful pile of coals and very little flame. Im excited to see what it looks like in the morning. Sca
A couple reasons for posting this: 1) as a blessing to BuZZsaw who found a gift that was as perfect for us as was it's uniqueness as a gift; a...
Similar story: older fella, burns wood because they have to. Korean war vet. Did a buncha tree work and yard cleanup.....no way he could have...
Yike. Ya prayers going your and his way. Anything specific to lift up? Sca
I like the backpack for the bulk of that...i worked a cold day last May, and wore the pack all couple hours I was cutting. The belt is for...