We’re up above freezing again, at 34 degrees. I decided it was time to break up the monotony and burn some red and sugar maple chunks/uglies. I...
If you’re dropping boles, are you bowling?
Good thing nobody was killed. I’m sure this kind of thing happens a lot more than we hear about.
Great score. You can tell it must’ve been a beautiful old shade tree with large sprawling limbs while it was still standing.
19 here and not expected to drop much overnight. Burning 3 splits of beech and 1 dead barkless black locust round. [ATTACH]
Deep stuff. No wonder I find myself in the Zen zone whenever I’m in the process.
I learned the term last year working with the American Chestnut Foundation. In their field descriptions of surviving trees, they would describe...
Time to give this thread a bump. Since being on the 3+ year plan, I don’t post too many pictures anymore. Here’s a small win for today from my...
I'm somewhere around 1.75 cord since November 5th. That's including a little less than a face cord of aspen shoulder wood in the beginning, about...
I wonder if he sharpens the carbide teeth without a respirator. Now THAT will cause cancer.
Those shorties will make some beautiful stove stuffers in a couple years :thumbs:
18 dropping down towards 7 by dawn. Black birch and black locust chugging along in the firebox.
Actually have my eye on a HUGE score off of River Road in Middletown. I don’t scrounge much up where I live ;)
23 dropping fast towards 10. Black birch coals throwing enough heat for now, and I’ll be reloading at bedtime with some dead barkless black locust...
If it’s indeed coming, it better be good enough so that I can’t make it into work :D
I started this year with about 3/4 of a cord of 2 year old apple. Now I'm down to a little less than half cord and hoping to use most of it up by...
I’ve got some beech staged up by my stove right now. It’s been processed since August 2020 when Isaias hit. I have to look really closely, but...
Beech
The original flavor is great but my personal favorite from their lineup is the sweet habanero. At one point I was buying a bottle of that almost...
I can almost drink Frank’s Red Hot so I suppose the map is accurate enough. I prefer to make my own fermented hot sauce, but as far as buying...