Black and yellow birch on duty tonight. 39 here with some more mixed precipitation forecasted. Only supposed to drop to about 34 by tomorrow...
I just came across this video and got a kick out of it. Cheers to our UK brethren keeping the spirit alive. [MEDIA]
Growth rings look too tight for cottonwood. The center pith and the open grain on the half round you noodled looks like ash to me. The furrows and...
Ahhh you’re right, I have vague memories of him fabricating up something for his splitter not too long ago. I figured someone would’ve thought of...
I’m tossing around ideas in my head at the moment (I know, this usually doesn’t end well) ;) My County Line 25 ton has served me very well for the...
32 here with a deep bed of red and chestnut oak coals chugging along. Looks like another round of shoulder season will be upon us for the next few...
Typically plastic doesn’t belt sand or grind well, due to loading of the pores in the grit as the plastic melts. I’m in agreement with Eric VW...
34 and it finally stopped raining here. Yesterday was nice with the snow, then we awoke to ice coming down this morning. I wanted to break up the...
It’s been over 3 years since I deleted my FB profile, and I have no regrets. No more Instagram either. I stopped going on YouTube for a while too,...
Relatively warm here too, so far this season. This is the first white Christmas for us in a couple years anyway. I’m sure winter will come for you...
23 here, with about an inch of snow on the ground with some scattered flurries still drifting down. Last night’s red oak coals made this morning’s...
Same here. I’ll add black locust to the list because of their shallow root systems and tendency to grow disproportionately tall reaching for...
Well I’ll be darned. The wood is drier on the inside than it is on the outside. I could burn this later this week if I want to. For those not...
I felt this 2 minute scrounge wasn’t worthy of its own thread so I’m adding it to this older one. I’ve had my eye on these crusty barkless lengths...
Currently 30 with a projected low of 25 overnight. I just raked the coals forward which conjured up some ghostly blue flames. I’ve been burning a...
[MEDIA]
Not much in your neck of the woods yet I’m guessing? We’ve only had a few dustings here really, maybe about 2-3 inches total.
Some big rounds for sure! Saving the noodles for tinder? How about the wood itself, going to CSS it? I only grabbed one roadside cottonwood log by...
That’s an absolutely massive amount of dead chestnut oak there.... :bug: If I scored that much and already had the inventory you’ve got, I’d be...
This is a splitting comparison of elm that had died and was standing dead about a year +/- a couple months, versus a live one I split that the...