Yes Norway does that as well sometimes in distressed trees
Great pics, great looking family, but dammit that water looks cold!!:shiver: Looks like yinz had a good trip!
All the BL I cut has a white sapwood band....you won't see it in a dead tree, but living trees have.it.
Not like the bark on the big mulberry we have here, and we have some huge ones... I'd say it's BL
I will say those first 50 are rough......from experience... Once you hit that mark she pretty much gives up the fight...
Guilty as charged
Once you hit around 50-60 saws, they stop bugging you about it.....lmao....
[ATTACH]
Heli-coil for the win....
Nice cache of firewood buddy, lots of work involved there!
Thank ya, friends!
We are all well, busy as heck though... And yes I can attest that those two (brenndatomu and eatonpcat) are a bit gassy.....and a bit azz-y...
It's gonna be bad....
I saw cabins for sale up near the Tug Hill area and we were considering maybe getting one, until I saw what the taxes on it were..... I don't...
"For a WARTER-tight seal"....lmao.....
You can say that again....lol.... Picture of blacksmith up a big pin oak we pieced out last week...... [ATTACH] Me up a huge Norway maple...
Good job on the decision to get it down, that's a man-killer if left go. And you've got some fantastic firewood coming from those big rounds!
I know of a few on the mountains here, they don't get too big before the blight knocks them back again.....
Heck yeah! Wifey was saying the other day that this oven is gonna make us fat.......lmao...... How ya been, Gassy?
Just slower than molasses..... Covid had everything messed up, not to mention other hurdles, after hurdle, after hurdle..... We're slowly...