I went out back today, and found my first one after 10 minutes. :thumbs: I'll pick it and verify. Family is in disbelief. [ATTACH]
I raked it into piles. The finer charcoal got scooped up and mixed with loam and peat moss to fill in spots in the front yard and cover grass...
Good bird watching this afternoon. Using a digital camera for these. Indigo bunting. [ATTACH] Rose breasted grosbeak. [ATTACH] Waiting...
Indigo bunting today. First time seeing one. It has been eating grass seed heads in the lawn and on the black oil sunflower feeder. Taken with...
Fiddle heads are up, as well as different types of mushrooms. No morels. Family thinks I'm crazy spending time looking for them...:loco: :crazy:
Grommet set maybe? Overlap the ends and set two new grommets? Maybe even melt them together with a torch on low?
I worked outside almost all weekend and beat myself up. I kicked back in a chair outside from 7p to 8:30p this evening. Caught a nice sunset....
Gotta share the ideas!:yes:
Just a quick post on how I top cover. I use a standard 6' x 8' brown tarp from big box orange. Set it out on the driveway. [ATTACH] There are...
Top covered as soon as stacked. I use heavy stones every 3 feet or so and the wind doesn't really disrupt them. The tarps are cut to just the...
I've been outside pretty much all day. I finished making a ramp in front of the barn from all p.t. scrap 5/4 deck boards. There was about a foot...
Would anyone know what this shrub is? We moved in mid-May last year and this was already past blooming. It has weak, woody stalks that don't...
A safer, labor saver. I found long splits can get bound up in it, short pieces take less effort and separate easier. Satisfying sound when the...
It looks like we are zone 6. My old neighbor had them in her garden when we were across town. On the way to Well Seasoned GTG last spring, they...
I'm trying lupine's again this year. This time I grubbed out 5 areas and planted seeds. They are covered with a thin layer of compost and loam....
I have probably a trash barrel worth of charcoal left over from burning brush. I've been reading up on bio char, and it seems like it may be...
NH mountain man , Do you have any nesting bluebirds? I've had two pair pass through checking out the nesting box and move on.
There is a guy nearby who has all oak in his piles. Neat as a pin. Mine are a huge mix of whatever hits the ground.
Good long day here. Went to work early for an hour and picked up a bunch of stuff at HD. First up was getting this gas trimmer straightened out....
Wow, that is some figured grain there. Those would be worthy of a woodworking project. Some sweet knife handles there.