Just started the first winter's batch of pickled pike this morning. First step is to mix 5/8 cup canning salt to 1 quart vinegar in a vessel (I...
I have a buddy who had a monster deep woods buck mount a doe right under his stand. They were moving and he was bow hunting, so he had to take the...
Single digits below zero here. We've got some big splits of sugar maple and birch blazing away in the hearth, and hot coffee in hand. Feels nice!...
Good idea. Putting money into the house is often a good investment in and of itself anyways.
Figured you might be up getting coffee ready!
Good morning. Coffee is brewing. Brandon Scott are you sleeping in a little today? T.Jeff Veal, you are off work today, correct?
It was a good day of productive work. I probably wouldn't appreciate the time I do get to fish as much if not for work. It is a blessing to have...
Hazy sun here. We have been on a temperature roller coaster. It is now 34f. It was almost -10f yesterday morning and it has been warming since....
Good Morning All. Wish I was going fishing, but am head off to work soon. Have a great day fellow early birds!
It must be a regional thing. There is a long and storied past here of lake ice harvesting prior to refrigeration, as well as removing blocks for...
Just found this thread. Good stuff, eh?..Ya you betcha! From Minnesooota here...probably similar dialect to Fargo, don't ya know. We seem to...
One day I was resting on a rock outcrop during a spring canoe trip for the May fishing opener in northern MN. The lake ice was melted along shore...
Mine were handed down, but they are pretty common items at flea markets, antique shops and sporting shows around here. They go for about $20-30...
One of the best eating fish. I fillet them, roll in flour, dip in egg, roll in crushed corn flakes/panko and fry in cast iron pan. Not much beats...
Let me know if you come north to MN and I will take you!!
[ATTACH] The fish were running this morning in the Mpls area.
Thank you. The fish were active the whole time I was out. I ended up taking 2 pike by spear that were 30" and 32" (7 and 8.5 pounds respectively),...
For us there have been only once in that last 30 years I have not driven my truck out to my darkhouse during a winter. The latest in the last 20...
We put away Christmas stuff as well this past weekend, all but the wreath out front. I usually end up taking that down sometime in March or...
You all seem to know what is in-store for us come late winter into spring. I agree. I have kept detailed journals of my field sports outings, and...