Excellent posts everyone. I’m used to Red Oak. It’s in abundance here, and I have a lot of Shagbark Hickory and Rock Maple as well. Assuming all...
Pretty hard to find a decent (and decently priced) used dump trailer. They're either almost new and priced like new, or so badly beat up, its...
You're a good man. First your sons firewood stand, now this. Your kids will remember these life lessons forever.
Is it Black Locust? If so, they look pretty similar to some Ash trees I've seen. I hope I didnt get all excited for nothing.
They're somewhat in a gully and hard to see. Hopefully they stay. I'd estimate its maybe 1/3rd of a cord. Not a ton, but enough to see if all the...
Ever since seeing the numerous, and I do mean numerous, threads on how good the Black and Honey Locust were I've been on the hunt. Like a hound...
Yeah, its super handy. I've had it stuffed full of fresh cut Red Oak, and it handled it like a dream. Its rated to carry 2000 lbs, but I know I've...
There is a hydraulic line that plugs into your rear remote. Its power up, gravity down.
The trailer will be for on road use only. I do have 21 acres, and harvest a lot of my wood from my own land, but I use this 4x6 off road dump...
The branches have thorns as well. Some of the thorns have a layer of bark over them and aren't that sharp. They almost look like clam necks.
[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] There is a clearing in the middle of multiple acres of woods with several of these. I am thinking Hawthorn or Crabapple
My current house has a bulkhead and the woodstove is in the basement, so one of these two methods works best for me. I bring about 3 full cords in...
Some may remember I had a thread on purchasing a dump trailer a while back. After thinking about it, I am at a crossroads as to what to do. I...
Nice!!! What kinds of wood you got there?
Although I’ve never personally seen it, from other threads here that does appear to be Black Locust
Keep in mind the 7900/7901 are only recommended to run up to 28" bars. To run long bars, you need a lot of low end grunt and an oiler that can...
If you plan to use the mill even somewhat regularly, you should buy the biggest saw possible. Most tend to suggest a minimum of 90cc for a mill....
Often times it takes a major life event to make one realize whats truly important. Have yourself a very merry Christmas justdraftn.
Was it 20 gift cards?
Yellow bellies also like maple and birch. I don’t believe that’s Cherry. Perhaps a young Red Maple.