Good on ya for tipping the guys, I'll bet they will hook you up with more good stuff down the road. You got some of the best wood out there for...
Used motor oil is bad stuff for chainsaw bar lube. It doesn't have the tackiness that bar oil does, and it slings into small droplets (mist) that...
Welcome to our nighrmare. We lost all of our ash.
Dang,wish I was there! It's been raining here for the last 2 days, it's pouring right now......
Those things mainly attack the sapwood from what I've noticed....
It has a sweet smell when cutting green.......it's heavy and dense, IMO one of the prettiest grains of all hardwoods. Very unique. I made a...
Here's one of the slabs from that tree turned into a tabletop. Looks like mahogany..... [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Definitely not maple...... Here's a big honey locust I milled in October 2018. Beautiful wood.....but it's dammed heavy! Stihl MS661 with the...
That would be black locust......I have a dump trailer load of that to pick up tomorrow morning from tall uprooted ones I took down last week........
You got yourself a nice load of honey locust, I'm 100% sure of it because I have a metric chit-ton of it in my stacks. Great firewood.....
I rigged them off a big tree behind them first, and pulled around 6' of lean out of them before going up. It was a sketchy job, but I had them...
We've been doing lots of climbing all summer and fall, however had to take the past several weeks off as I injured my ulnar nerve (funnybone) when...
Just be careful because the way you have it hooked up in the pic might put a different strain on the ZZ link assembly......I'm not saying that for...
I gotta say I'm loving my new 2019 ZZ with the built-in swivel, also got one of those Zillon positioning lanyards and it's a gamechanger too!...
That is 100% without a doubt black Walnut..... Black maple looks like a cross between sugar and red maple (bark and wood), wood is harder than...
No, split it some if you can, it'll dry out quick.
I grow a big beard ever year, and clean shave it off in June every year....... Pic of me and my youngest son with his first buck last weekend,...
Subscribed....
Save all my maple and cedar noodles as well, that's the best tinder I've ever found.
I save all the arborvitae and ornamental cedar rounds we cut and split them up for kindling.......best kindling I've ever used. I usually split...