LOL I had some serious things I wanted to say but the heck with it. Here is a JOKE to lighten the post up. My opinion is not any better then...
There are a few subjects that we (wood stove users) may disagree on but at the end of the day we are all on the same page for the most part. [IMG]
Using a small of paper to start a fire has never been a bad practice however using your stave as a trash burner is.
Since you guys brought it up, it's common sense all the pollutants we are putting i the air is having an effect, a lot of changes being recorded....
Most of the new non cat stove have an open hole to the atmosphere that you can not control. My old Nashua had a door gasket as many of the old...
Bingo Dave, even the old stoves will have some secondary burn if burnt correctly, not sure how much the baffle helps but I am sure it helps some.
Give that man a cigar!:yes:
I burnt dry wood in my old stove, still do as it is in the shop, no smoke at all when its up to temp, the quote in the OP's post is naive at best...
[ATTACH]
Sorry to hear of your health problems and I hope it all works out for you and you can do what you like for many more years. At 66 getting old and...
When ever I have too much draft do to a strong wind from the south my flue temps rise about as fast as the speedometer on my car and I have to...
For the record I am going to repeat this one more time. The 3 year plan is a great idea and I have never stated any thing else, all sorts of...
I did not and dont plan on it why are you telling me to be calm, you will know when I am not. May I remind you of the title of the thread. "Wood...
I am calm, nobody and I mean nobody is saying the 3 year plan is not a good plan, at least I have never read any one post that. Nobody ever said...
What ever happened to just going to the game and routing for your favorite team?
For the life of me I can't figure out what the issue is, we all agree we want to burn the driest wood possible.:hair:
That makes sense they just wanted the air to come out the back versus the top.
I am a Vikings fan (Iowa close to Minn.) but congrats to the Eagles and good luck in the super bowl.
No way would I go to a NFL game, people are crazy and get carried away, maybe if they sold weed instead of beer at the games people would mellow...
Where does the air come out from the blower, looks confusing in the picture. As long as it's a nice solid stove I would not be concerned with the...