[ATTACH] Poplar
P61 ; good deal. I used to do a lot of climbing . Both for work and for speed climbing competition at timber shows we used to have in Southeast on...
It's a different world when it gets cold. But, if you check cold temps in the lower 48. There are some places like International Falls Minnesota...
The Lacrosse packs didn't last 3 months so I went back to white Bata bunny boots. The pacs caused an amount of foot stomping to stay warm . Not so...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] These were taken on The Slope . near Nuiqsut. In the first 2 I had been working for about 2 1/2 hours , drilling...
Yes and no . The Bata's are by far the best. Then Miner brand. The Acton brand kinda suck big time. The sole turns to a brick and yer constantly...
The thing is tho. In Tok, 15 below is almost unseasonably warm. Often if Glennallen has 40 below Tok has 50 below. When it hits 50 below in...
The Bata's are best in the spurs because they have a thicker sole and better shank. Actually quite comfortable. In warm weather I wear White's or...
+6 here. Still burn in poplar. Slowed to cool off this afternoon
Seems funny . The (lesser wood species) Y'all have some of the best wood down there. And it doesn't get real cold.
Yup . Real glad your still typing :salute:. I'm familiar with the situation you had going on. And while I agree with PB . I wouldn't get after you...
On this particular tree I spured back down as I was trying to sort out the pulling line on my way down. I've learned the hard way that it's...
[ATTACH] Double line . or , wire core flip line and life line . chocked via running bowline thru the Hitch Hiker on my saddle.
Last night it was 20 below @ 10 pm here. By morning it had clouded up and was 5 below. Now its been snowing since 10 am and it's 1 above. I read...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Another successful tree job . On the ground and on the hat. I hung 1 pulling line in it . Tail holted to a smaller...
[ATTACH]still going up. The home owner was my ground man.
Limbing old White Spruce is not the greatest fun in the world. The breeze blew a lot of the dust away. So I didn't have to breath it as much....
Yesterday I had 15-20 below F . wind chill.[ATTACH] White Bata bunny boots work great in the spurs. Hand saw is a Samuri Itchiban . chain saw is...
I only have a few hobbies . Now that I'm mostly out of the business. This is one of my hobbies. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
The way I stack my poplar, birch( when I ever get a little birch) and cottonwood. Is bark down , split side up. Always ! The bark is waterproof ,...