Nice gifts for sure, men like things they can use, women like things they can smell or look at.:thumbs: Forgive me if I have offended any women...
Well hang in there, as long as you learn and stay safe it will get nothing but better.:yes:
I have used paper for lighting since I started burning wood, dont think that is part of your problem. Some of the things you hear or read are just...
I had my numbers wrong the safe zone for my flue is 240 to 450 (surface temp), I try and keep the flue temp below the 450 mark but not worried if...
I must be running my stove hotter then some of you as my cap never has done that in over 30 years, I dont run it over 600 and like to keep it...
Do you know what your flue temps are, at 32 feet that chimney should suck your hat off.
We were far enough south it was all rain, rained all day now we have skating rinks all over the place. Can't wait to see what they throw at us next.
We sledded wood down hills in one foot of snow because I was just starting out and wanted the wood and swore I would never get behind again, the...
I had to google Ubuntu.:D
I am very interested in how tall his chimney is.
Long story but no it did not and the chimney was clean and had been for 30 years due to dry wood and running a nice warm flue temp.
The chimney had nothing to do with the way the Summit ran as the new chimney did not make any difference at all.
Looks to me like he does not know the overall height of the chimney, could be too short from the get go.
My new slot car table has moved into snail's pace, busy Christmas and crappy weather is taking my fun time. Edit-the busy Christmas was fun not...
Well not sure how to start because I went from a crappy block chimney to a insulated metal correct size chimney and removed 2 90's and it still...
That's is interesting, I due have the thicker stuff, I wonder what your humidity is down there, you would think with a wood burner running it...
Must be raining down there.:D
I looked but I must be missing it, what is the overall height of his chimney from stove to cap.
Coaly-very informative post and I agree with what you posted 100% but from my real world experiences I have found that it may not pan out like...
I gave up cutting wood in the snow about 30 years ago, guess I am a fair weather cutter.:thumbs: