I'm hoping to be able to get into my easy cutting spot soon. The neighbor still has swaths in the field due to the snow/wet October but with it...
[ATTACH]
Reinforced the deck with spaced out 2x4's so it should be good for 6 rows of 16" wood. And the left side rails tastefully made from ancient...
Just on the verge of freezing temps for overnight. Was +13 C here today ( 55 American? :p) which is incredibly warm for November.
We don't got time for that here in Sask.:D
Stayed right around 32 F last night, heading for 48 F (about +9 C) for a high today, which is very warm for daytime at this time of year.Poplar n...
I think the TTT curve is going a bit off the path from where I'm sitting. All I'm saying is, that no matter the hardening temp, or the amount of...
What brand of bar is on your saw that comes blue like that? From playing around with my rivet forge, I learned a few things about heat treating...
It ain't pretty, but they burn!
It's a '03 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4. Not sure on the gearing, but the motor spins about 1,750 rpm at 62 mph.
I guess this thread is proof it can really vary quite a bit!
I didn't read the thread, but are these rare or desirable? I saw a lady had one on a facebook buy n sell page for $250 obo
I think I killed my first chain in about 8-10 cords. That was near the end of my second year cutting if I recall.
Can you try again with the door open at least an inch? The door cracked a 1/2" in mid 50's weather isn't worth the same amount of draft as say the...
My wild guess would be 40-50 lbs. A 12"-14" diameter x 16" (a little better than a cubic foot I think) of live poplar feels about like that.
Going by capacities that pretty much looks like a 2:1 ratio, but I think the guy was speaking in tanks worth. In any event, I thought I'd ask as I...
I shoot for the lean to the inside as well, although sometimes you get a weird situation where the middle/center of the stack wants to blow out....
Just wondering how closely related the bar oil usage is compared to gas usage on your saw. Husqvarna 240 with a non adjustable oiler -bar oil...
I guess the weak link in the whole equation is how much wood I can handle cutting at one time. I don't usually cut more than a 1/2 cord in one go...
Short chimney over all, and about +10 C (50 ish F) and dropping is the absolute warmest I can expect a fire to go.