About 10 small projects on the workbench, a lot more around the house.:headbang:
I left it unfinished to develop a patina. The one on the school broke some time last year in a windstorm.
Unfinished bench project #5 is complete this morning. This weathervane from my shed was damaged last year by a falling branch. I ended up...
Rotten tomato fights.
I remember the times during the oil embargo around 1975-6. My dad installed a Jotul 602 and had maple logs delivered. We moved the logs out back,...
Our kids did theirs last night and we just roasted the seeds. The right one is Baymax from Big Hero 6. The left one may be my...
We have a few fires here for the kiddos. once you have a hand held device, you will find it very convenient to take it around the home and browse....
That stamp is fantastic. Lots of pride and quality went into old tools like that. You never know what gem is under the rust and crud. Great...
It took two evenings too work on this Collins small axe. I am not sure if it is the original handle. The head was a bit loose, but I decided to...
Do you have them year round, or is their summer range north of you?
Excellent work. Thanks for taking us along the journey. There comes a point in a project when you think you want to fix a few more small things,...
The first slate-colored juncos showed up under the feeder today. A sure sign winter is on the way.
So WeldrDave, I made the chicken dish in the #8 fryer yesterday. I added fresh sliced mushrooms, extra cream, dutch noodles and a handful of...
Do you have a local FD that you could donate it to as a wall hanger? I have an idea to even out the finish on heads when grinding mushrooming...
Looks like a fireman's axe.
I'm curious how that pick side is attached to the head. I wonder if there is a forge weld line or was it punched out of one piece?
I'm finding the older ones that the blades are folded over rather than punched holes are a little more elongated. I am restoring one handle for...
There seems to be a growing interest here in bringing some old axes and hatchets back for use or display. After chatting with a few members, it...
Quite a few people admired the tool work on Judy's purse. Hopefully more will be able to make the next one. It was great to sit down and...
I was working in this building today and noticed the beautiful brickwork and tight mortar joints. [ATTACH]