I'm sure I'll have some acorns in a month or so. Let me know if you want some speed when they start falling. I have at least 20 large oaks all...
I don't think I would loose sleep over not getting that gnarly wood!!!!
I'll have to keep that in mind. Everyone seems to have their favorite things from there. My dad really likes the catfish from there.
Nice!!! They ain't to bad for bulk meat.
Hey what town you around. I'm just on the other side of the boarder and maybe a little east in Buchanan.
I remember reading somewhere about last year that like Dutch elm the trees will still grow to a certain size before they can become infected. I...
Can I ask what size these trees are?
Bark looks like ash. Heartwood seams kinda dark but it's ash. Was the tree alive? Cause I've never cut live ash.
I don't believe it. We need pictures!! :emb:
That's the closest pictures I've got of wood that I've processed. The pictures where probably taken 2 weeks after they were cut. So I could...
Sawdog this is some Siberian elm. Is it like yours?[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
What's your general location?
Is the bark cork like? Can you press you finger nail into it? Peel it off in flakes/layers? All elm has this type bark.
Well at least you know what it's not.
How about leaf pictures? Looks like red oak but if I squint my eyes enough I be able to see elm. Lol. Just some closer pictures would help
I got some plans to do some stacking in the morning too. Love the pictures with the new camera. :thumbs: Very nice work with the drop. Lost...
These look interesting. Any info on what they are? Custom build?
A little late but here's some more. [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Last year was my first use of it and I was quite surprised how well it does for shoulder season. Hell last year I used it till almost the first...
There is lots more to get. This maple base is at least 2ft around and came from a golf course so I'd assume it was pretty branchy. That first...