same problem here. Wood furnace just never seems to get more than a day off. Hate this cold spring crap.
Stihl Any ideas? [IMG][IMG][IMG]
neither of which are like my gators roller coaster engine brake :dex:
My Polaris Sportsman had a cvt, and also had a wonderful engine brake. I could roll down the hill with a trailer full of wood without touching...
I have burned beech before. Good stuff once dry. Still prefer some Black Locust or Hard Maple, but this is close in the running. :dex:
The one thing you should do if you consider a gator and have hills is to take one home for a demo. Not sure about the Kubota, but the gators do...
:dex: Tons of downed trees up yonder, what's up with your woods?
This stuff will burn in the 17/18 season, so it will be dry for certain. The gator is t a 855d (diesel) with the electric over hydraulic dump. I...
Be careful going down hills as the logs will come forward and hit hard The ideas of moving chains forward will help. The shorter distance...
I will let you know how the rest go once I get them out of the woods and onto the splitter. :dex:
Some split easy, some hard. This is a big old tree, and I only split one piece.
It sure is stringy. Good for tops of piles if nothing else
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As requested. Brought out one piece quickly and split it up. 22 inches on the large side....
Sure, I can snap some tonight!! :dex:
Since I spent a few hours up in my woods doing some spring cleaning, I decided to check this large uprooted beech that has been down for at least...
So i cut down the hanger at my house this weekend, admittedly alone so i could not video it. 60 ft tall cherry, roughy 8-10 inches in diameter,...
My quick take on this. Tie the winch as high as you can, and apply very light pressure, just enough to tension the cable. Make sure your cable...
Nice to see another feller that has the big splits also. Heavy, but far fewer loads in the stove :dex:
chitty dealer, enough said.
Sorry guys, did not want this to be depressing. I just wanted to make us all step back and think for a few seconds before we jump into some of...