Sitting high on the hog yet. Have Near 2 cord of poplar/ bit o pine/willow from last year in the shed, about half a face cord of pine on the side,...
Only one saw so far. The raw power and magnificent rumbling of the Husqvarna 240 (38 mighty cc) is all I need for my life as a p/t forestry...
I'd say if everyone with older style stoves burnt like you do, it wouldn't be near as big an issue. It's the guys who load them up and damper...
I think you've got it bout near perfect. Little bit of bounce in n out at the start of cut and then cleans up.
*Canadian weeps silently in the corner after reading such statements*:( Edit to add, sad from the perspective of not being allowed to, not that...
You'll be amazed at how you can run a fire, once you start monitoring flue temps. I run a flue probe, IR gun, and a gauge on the side.
Sun, wind, and warm are the best combo, but you would have wind and warm at the very least. Probably not optimal but give it a try. Are you...
Double wall 6" to the support box, and Class A from there, done like dinner. :D Thanks for being a guy open to suggestions, and not crying about...
Nothing like some "roll your own" ammo.
MM complete, except for some tinkering to do on the front plate.. I didn't test it on wood, as it's kind of dark and apparently I have bar oiling...
Seems pretty close to me, maybe just a hair on the rich side, as noted by the braaaaaa-ruuuummmm in and out in and out. Just my opinion. Sometimes...
That would be all kinds of ugly:eek:
I'll start right there. I don't have the right attachment for my dremel, but I think a few holes and a small file should get me where I need to...
Fully in agreement with you there. I find a flue probe is really handy to dial in that "sweet spot" for me. I tinkered with my air control lever,...
I'm guessing our stoves are two different creatures. My primary comes through the doghouse and is regulated by the air control lever.
I wonder how this would work with smaller and shorter logs? Maybe 24" x 5" rounds for the guys who just need some coals left over in 6 hours.
Tried to capture the essence, with varying success. The first photo is looking into the muffler (from the rear), showing factory holes top...
There are the few basic rules of how things should run, but I'm in agreement with Backwoods Savage, it's not a one size fits all situation. He...
I can't see this happening in my neck of the woods either. These regulations mean nothing if the guy running the stove practices poor burning...
This would be considered the primary air, air that takes a direct path from the air intake, and not routed through a hot area to heat the air...