I AM being friendly.:thumbs:
I do find it annoying that you are telling me I dont know how to run my stove especially since you dont have a EPA stove.
That's just not true what so ever, I dont choke my stove at all and never have, you would see that information in the thread.
I burnt a non cat non EPA stove for 30 years so I have an idea how they run . It just does not happen with the older stove in the same manner what...
Not sure what yank is saying but I think he's telling me I am full of crap.:D
Another quote from some one who does not have a clue.:headbang: "EPA certified stoves are more likely to have this problem. This is because of the...
So John (I think thats his name) at wood heat.org has no idea what he is talking about and the fact that the old stoves did not do it means...
Not going to work for me as I am running the stove plenty hot the way it is, I dont smolder my stove what so ever and keep the flue temps about...
Gonna beat the dead horse a little more. LOL Nothing worked with the Summit and the coaling, I would open up the air and put small pieces of wood...
My old stove does not do it even with a big load of Oak, its great having a ton of heat and no coaling problem. The Summit was terrible with the...
I was using less wood but getting less heat.
I am sure it could be, if his wood is dry and he's running it hard and it's a EPA type boiler, I dont know much about boilers.
That's very true but for me it was worth the extra heat and I really dont think the difference was all that bad possibly due to the fact that I...
I have a Summit and took it out and now have a Drolet. My old stove was a fair amount bigger so not a completely fair comparison but the...
I have posted this before but it bears repeating in this thread. From woodheat.org "Big coal beds are a particular problem with EPA certified...
Well for the old timers here and on H---th it is well documented, in a nut shell lack of heat and old stove was more user friendly. You should not...
-33 wind chill now, burning some red elm and white ash, should move some snow today, love Iowa winters.
Butcher-it looks like you are heating your house easier then I am. If could turn back time I would have never went with a EPA stove.
My dog stayed by the stove all last night. Just cant wait for the south westerly winds tonight with 20 below wind chills.:eek: -33 wind chill...
It's not the Oak so much as the new EPA stoves. "Big coal beds are a particular problem with EPA certified non-catalytic stoves because their...