Definitely need to start with calculations to determine the heat loss as others have stated. Take that loss and covert it into the corrected Btus...
As a follow up, when I was 16 I hogged into a few trees that were tangled and leaned over. Young and stupid and in a rush I cut into a 6 inch...
I got a gator this summer and based on my experience, you will be very happy. Throw a small off road trailer behind it and you will be amazed at...
I have not seen a dumper that nice since my last trip to Florida:dex:
Sounds like you are doing the right thing, taking the time to figure out what to do. Pictures are hard to judge, but find the center of mass for...
I manage to keep 3200 sq ft at 76 degrees......burnng a full cord per week. Ready to go though, bring on the cold:dex:
I believe heat is used to accelerate the drying process, but with the proper protection from moisture and air movement, the wood will dry. The...
:dex:Sweet work area Shawn
this time of year I cut and split everything into piles since everything is mud and driving rips everything up. I pile onto a dry sloped area or...
I limb them and block, and then shove the blocks around with the bucket, knocks of 90%. You can also straddle and back blade down it if possible....
Got everything but the diesel, but I am not spending $70k on a truck
I sell 10 or 20. Really good day job.....
Sorry not loaded, but I picked up my brand new wood hauler today:dex:[ATTACH]
Maybe the saw is mad it's cutting such little wood:dex:
I burn large chunks of hickory that do this also. I mix it with maple, beech, and sometimes ash and it helps. Aside from that, the guys have...
Maybe on the rakers, but I have a light near the bench, so the grid area stands out. Whatever works best for you, I say:dex:
Sharpie works, but the sharpened teeth stick out when they come back around pretty well. Enjoy the time you sharpen and don't rush it, the chain...
The best penetrating oil I have ever used is aerokroil. Kinda pricey, but is used in most large industrial gas turbine outage crews. Tried a can...
i wish there was an easy and quick way to Debark logs before piling them. They dry so very well and avoid this wet wood problem.
Around 30 here this morning. Burning maple and hickory, real wood instead of ash and uglies