I've got plenty of dead or dying oaks in my woods to harvest for firewood. I can't be a wood snob yet, but pretty soon, I'm going to cut the gum...
I hear you! I've got a bunch of black gum that needs to be thinned out of my woods. Forester says it burns fine as long as you have a hydraulic...
Those paper mill are why we used to call it Mani-stink. Hope it's better these days.
Don't forget the smoked whitefish and a sauna, too.
Mom from Gaastra (near Iron River and Stambaugh) Dad from a farm outside of Menominee. Met in college at Northern, got married and emigrated south...
BTW, my parents are both from the western U.P. and much of my family is still up there.
Oh, its horrid here.
Kayaking on Lake Huron/Georgian Bay. One of our best vacations EVER! [IMG]
That is absolutely spectacular!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
Good for you! Enjoy it. I would kill to be on the upper Great Lakes right now instead of steaming it up here in Central PA.
It was over 100 today. Electricity went out for about 1.5 hours mid-day. Ugh! Thankfully, the house stayed a cool for the power outage.
Yeah, I couldn't pass up the cooler, lower humidity weather today. As my dad always said "make hay while the sun shines."
Amsteel blue?
Got finished early at work today, so I got out and started splitting and stacking my oak. About 3/4 cord all put up. Still have plenty of rounds...
I'd like to see that, but I don't think the politics/tax-structure in the US will allow it.
I'm running a BMW 335d with the 3.0 L I6 twin-turbo diesel. It doesn't get the mileage that my wife's VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI does, but, then...
I've got the sweet hook-up for pallets. My friend's cousin is a manager at a local Lowes. He lets me have as many pallets as I want.:thumbs: A...
Sweet pile of splits. Great job with the "product placement." You should get a couple $'s from Stihl and Airens. ;-)
It got dark before I finished hauling the last of it up to my splitting area tonight. Pictures will definitely follow.
I've got at least 1.5 cord of oak all ready to split. I hope the weather stays dry and cool. I really want to get this stuff split and stacked...