When are one of you sending me a jug of maple heaven?
Yup.
I see several mentions of Ohio Buckeye. I see it planted as ornaments in yards but have never got my hands on any. What makes it so bad? Ash,...
Post pics!
My buddy that does turning made an awesome ashes urn for the president of his wood turners club when he passed. It was boxelder burl with a lot...
Buddy of mine turns wood and loves the aroma. I also found out lilac makes oak look like soft wood.
bump:) I had never heard about it before she came home from daycare. ...Bubble Guppies its a cartoon.
[QUOE="FarmHand78, post: 288043, member: 2198"]Bubbaduppys= very bad puppy's Not It but we watch it a lot with her.
Since this is a respectable place I will modify a bit. Duckin only spelled with a f instead of a d. Cousins kid dropped that one at church. Grand...
I wish I had an old yard to turn into my private camp site.
What do you think we are a barren wasteland here?
I didn't realize that ND had 2 FHC members. Jealous of you camping. Can't believe how many geese have moved in this week. What direction from Jmst...
[ATTACH]
After the 3rd tempering. Started at 375*...400*...425* for the last one. Neat seeing the various oxide colors steel turns.
Camera doesn't show it the best but here's the straw color of steel after tempering. [ATTACH][ATTACH]
If you are lookin for quick growth a good candidate is quaking aspen. Planted a 1" diameter 5' tall one 5 years ago. It must be pushing 20' tall...
Heatin up the blade to harden in the 1st 3 pics...don't tell mama bear I used a Christmas tin for the oil quench can. Since I'm playin on thin...
Had to sneak out and play while mama bear is away.[ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH]
Is it like a granite for feel and weight? At my parents where an old barn sat I found something similar in size but it was light almost like...
Wish I had pics...first house mama bear and I rented we/I lined the alley and one side about 50 feet with double rows of wood. Stacked about 5...