The method works in the simplistic form. It was discouraging in the first month to see moisture recondensing and absorbing into the end grain....
I'm getting spring and winter in a 24hr period - 74F then 18 by Thursday morning:headbang: Spring peepers have been singing for the past few...
that stack was gone around Mid December IIRC. November was much colder than normal The tree was beetle killed pine that I hung up in a gumtree...
moral of the story: we can't hate tree's They all provide BTU's
I've yet to understand the bashing of Tulip Poplar for it's low btu's. It has a place in the wood stacks. It dries fast, easy on chains, splits...
The theory is evaporating ground moisture is trapped under the plastic, ever adding to what is coming off the wood. My stack was on timber skids -...
we don't do scientific control thingermabobbers round here:BrianK: That stack of pine I wrapped with pallet shrink wrap dried just fine and has...
That's a really nice looking install. I can see where that little bit is catching on your trim - don't want that soot getting on your nice...
Fine specimen you got for sweet deal. When are you going to buy a splitter to keep up with the CAD?
^^^what she said chbryson great thing about a wood hoarding forum - folks from all walks of life.
then I'd opt for plan A as you had already - trying to fit a bunch of little 1/4 round trim pieces would detract from the floor. I was thinking...
Pictures are easier. Any leftover boards? rip and hit it with a roundover bit using floating blocks underneath with 15x15deg compound miter cuts....
I wondered last night, searched, and he made mention about the Iditarod in one of his last posts.
I've been using mine for the BBQ for several years but when my new DIY hobby smelter comes together I plan on using some for it as well
That's a cool old drill press. Now you know why folks "rolled up their sleeves" to work
I think I'm visualizing this correctly? the wood was too tall to fit under the baseboard radiators and you want to fill the gap up to the...
finding one specific to your state is the best way to start. A field guide can be super handy for someone just getting started as it will give...
So my weather has been all heavy rain right @33.5F all day, its a different story 15miles north 3-5". 50miles north they have 8-10" and climbing....
thanks for the party platform - my high rise shoes should slid nicely
here you go WaddleRemodel keep your hands to yourself [IMG]