ETA: I said earlier that I rarely drop the draft in stages. I rarely do for the sake of it, but charing the wood, then dropping the draft to zero...
I agree with Todd. I think either the FV or the KS would draft fine. Are you using a 13NCI now? How well does it keep up? You are welcome to post...
That's pretty much it, with the stove top at 200F or so.
Just don't get greedy and over load it. :emb:
I used a big shovel like that on my old Sierra, but it had about a foot of handle left in it. Eventually I found a hugh metal dust pan at a...
I swap a full ash pan for an empty one every 4-5 days.
That will stop when you get the new SS cat. At least during its hyperactive stage.
I have this happen also. Kinda like the burn tube guys say, shut it down earlier in the burn to keep peak temp down. I think its because the...
http://firewoodhoardersclub.com/forums/threads/i-drilled-the-soapstone-for-a-probe.2223/ I know you've seen this Woody, but maybe some others...
Condar cat probe. 1536 sqft heated. Very tight and well insulated (for AR). Also, all my floors are acid stained concrete. Over 66,000 lbs of...
It's worth the effort. Not as many BTU's as oak but, if nothing else, it'll make good shoulder season wood. Not bad to split, dries pretty fast.
No I didn't, the cat probe showed that it was active. It peaked at 1100F last night. Normally I don't go down in stages, only if I want the...
Last night's full load peaked at 375F. Cat peaked at 1100F. I engaged the cat early, stove top at about 225F, and set the draft at 0.
I need to pay more attention to my stove. This winter, I usually just load it and let it do its thing. I don't want to post any inaccuracies....
The highest peak temp it usually 350-400F on the high temp indicator, when ran low.
Its amazing what people can get up and walk away from.
8' of single wall and 8' of class A, straight up.
Looks good.
Also, I'm using the term "burn" loosely. My personal definition- Can light off a reload and maintains the house temp. 18 hour reloads would leave...
I've been leaving to draft open a hair this winter, kind of experimenting. It was at about .3 or so. I don't see much difference in draft settings...