Nice job upgrading the electric and insulating, but even better keeping the character of the house with the moldings.
That looks really good. How far back into the fireplace opening is the stove? My Castine is pretty much 3/4 in, and I would like to set up a...
I grab anything that is clean and burns. It is all btu's. My buddy at work is new to wood burning so we are dividing any scores we come across....
All those coasters looks like a heckuva party in the making. Nice work.
It was my first build. Lots of reading, Youtube videos, going through blogs of other builders learning their mistakes and reading a mud oven...
I went by a small pond yesterday not far from here and it had a skim on it. I was very surprised as I did not think the water was that cold.
It soaked overnight, and got a scraping in the morning. A few more hours of soaking and a Mr. Clean sponge did the trick.
http://firewoodhoardersclub.com/forums/threads/mud-oven-build.6792/#post-162591
I sure do. Cold air sucks the heat out of it a little quicker though, so I fire it harder. Only really windy weather can make firing it a little...
You got it!:yes:
I had to use up a chicken carcass from leftovers earlier this week and some chicken breasts. My wife cooked the carcass in the pressure cooker...
Looks fantastic.
Looking good. Mine is just about done. I'll put a thread up later. Enjoy.
Looks great Dave. I am making one in a dutch oven inside the mud oven in about an hour. I cooked a chicken carcass down with carrots, celery and...
Corduroy logs in that section?
Hardcore wood burner right there.
Yah, we are not in it for the money.:rofl: :lol:
I do cutter. I woodwork, carve, forge, and do a little copper work. Darker evenings put me down the basement. I miss the nice weather, but I...
Not too common, but firewood is pretty hard to come by right now in our area. So easy scores like this are too tempting of an opportunity. Last...
Quick after work scrounge of large sugar maple rounds next to my parents house. My friend got about six near this size. He had his new Fiskars...